Sunday, November 30, 2014

Comments for Kids: November

During the month of November, I commented blogs written by Olivia, Tyler, and Richard. The three children all wrote very different blogs that followed one underlying theme, which was making a better community.  One little girl wrote about being a good citizen, a boy wrote about an invention of his, and lastly, another little boy wrote about singing.

Olivia was the first student blog I commented on in November.  At the beginning of her blog, Olivia asks the question: Would I be a good citizen?  She answered by saying, "to be a good citizen you have to try your best to help people that don't have food." Then, Olivia wrote that she and her family donate food to the local hospital.  She added that she is part of a club called Me to We; the organization collects can goods and picks up garbage to help the environment.  At the end of her blog, Olivia asks the reader: Would YOU be a good citizen?  The comment I left for Olivia told her about the volunteer work I have been involved in.  I also encouraged her to continue working in the community.  I think it is great to see kids involved with the world around them and want to make a difference.

The next week I commented on Tyler's blog which featured a project plan he had worked on.
Picture Tyler drew of De-Icer Mat
This, ladies and gentlemen is the De-Icer Mat. Tyler designed this in order to save drivers the hassle of scraping the ice of their car every morning.  Instead, he rolls out the De-Icer Mat, remote operated, that is, and wait for the ice to simply melt away! I love this idea, I hate scrapping ice off of my windshield in the freezing cold.  

Lastly, I commented on Richard's blog.  For his free write blog, Richard writes about how much he loves music.  Singing is a great way to express yourself and bring people together, he explains.  I love that Richard thinks that singing is a great way to bring people together.  I love to sing and I get really excited at gatherings when people all sing together.  Everyone really gets into the music and they can let themselves go.  Richard adds that if people all sang together then the world would be a happier place; I could not agree more.

No comments:

Post a Comment