Sunday, October 26, 2014

Comments for Kids: October

Throughout the month of October, I had the pleasure of reading four kids' blog posts.  I enjoy reading the kids' blogs the most because they show how much these children are thinking about the world around them.  It also gives a certain insight to how they feel and how motivated they are to do well.  It is being drilled into my head, from all of education classes this semester, that a teacher must know her students.  I think that teachers are gaining so much by having their students write blogs and by keeping up with these blogs. 

Week of October 5, 2014: I commented on a blog belonging to a young man named Braxton.  Braxton's assignment was to discuss a subject that should be taught in all schools. He said that he thought that there should be a Bible class in every school.  I understand the issues associated with requiring every school to have a Bible class, but Braxton wrote his blog with such passion and love for Christ and it was inspiring, to say the least.  He said that his mission in life was to tell others about God. In my comment to Braxton, I told him I had gone to a Catholic School in high school and how much I enjoyed my religion classes and how they helped me come to know myself.

Week of October 12, 2014: During this week I commented on Dimitri's blog about students having their recess taken away as a punishment.  Dimitri said that he did not think that this was fair punishment because the reason the student was acting out is probably because he has too much energy, so if the teacher were to take away his recess it would only be furthering the issue.  I agree with Dimitri, I think that recess is extremely important for both the student and the teacher because it allows the teacher to take a step back and let the kids go wild (to an extent).  In his blog, Dimitri added a link to an article he read about taking student's recess away. I tried to read it, unfortunately I was unable to find the article he posted.

Week of October 18, 2014: Last week, I commented on a boy named Samuel's blog.  Samuel posted a very informative blog with tips for creating a good password for online websites.  Here are his tips:
  •  Never reveal your password to ANYONE!
  • Always keep your password random in other words never have a password that is personal.
  • When you are typing your password in always hide it.
  • Make your password memorable for yourself but not for other people because they could hack into your account and ruin everything.
  • Make your password a combination of letters, numbers and symbols.
Pretty great tips, thank you, Samuel!
 
Week of October 26, 2014: This week I commented on a blog written by Zane.  Zane live in New Zealand and he posted a brochure he made in his post.  The brochure was for the Te Ana Ngai Tahu Rock Art Centre, which is a place where people can go and view the Maori Cave drawings.  I did not know anything about these cave drawing before reading his blog, so I did some research.  They are over 550 years old! I also learned about a Maorian mythological creature that can either be a large, horrifying monster or, to some, it is a protective guardian. I thought that was pretty neat.
http://www.theatreview.org.nz/reviews/review.php?id=4495

No comments:

Post a Comment