Sunday, September 28, 2014

Comments for Kids

The first week of commenting on kids' blogs, I was assigned Kaycee.  Kaycee is a year 8 student from New Zealand.  She uploaded a video to her blog.  It was a music video to the Michael Jackson song They Really Don't Care About Us.  It was really well done and I enjoyed watching it. Check it out!


The second week of commenting on kids' blogs I read Soha's blog. Soha is a fifth grade student from Ontario. Her blog post was about mathematicians. This is her post: "Hello my name is soha and today I will be telling you what I am learning about in math and somethings I dont like about math. so I am going to tell you a bout some strategies that I have learned to use in math . so you can act the problem out also ,you can use pictures to show your thinking"
In my comment, I told Soha that it was especially important to draw pictures of her math problems. Using visuals always helps me when doing math and I think it is a great skill for children to learn.

This week, I commented on Carter's blog for my C4K. Carter is in the fourth grade in Iowa. The kids were to post a blog about one thing they would change about their school. Carter thought that his school should have recess for every grade at his school and not just the younger grades. He explained that recess was a fun and healthy way for the kids to take a break. I agree with Carter, recess is a good way for the kids to take a break and get out excess energy during a long school day.

No comments:

Post a Comment